Image from web page 122 of “Old Boston taverns and tavern groups” (1917)

Some cool free credit file pictures:

Image from page 122 of “Old Boston taverns and tavern clubs” (1917)
free credit file
Image by Internet Archive Book Images
Identifier: oldbostontaverns00dra
Title: Old Boston taverns and tavern groups
Year: 1917 (1910s)
Writers: Drake, Samuel Adams, 1833-1905 Watkins, Walter Kendall, 1855- [from old catalog]
Topics: Bars (ingesting organizations) Clubx
Publisher: Boston, W. A. Butterfield
Contributing Library: The Library of Congress
Digitizing Sponsor: Sloan Foundation

See Book Page: Book Viewer
Concerning this Book: Catalog Entry
View All Pictures: All Pictures From Book

Just click here to view book on the web to see this illustration in framework in a browseable on line type of this guide.

Text Appearing Before Image:
base, and inside isstill to be seen the cylindrical piece of iron which,when heated, held the delectable liquid contents of theurn hot until imbibed because of the frequenters of this tavern.The G-reen Dragon Tavern website, now occupied by abusiness construction, is owned because of the St. Andrews Lodgeof complimentary Masons of Boston, and also at a recently available gathering ofthe Lodge on St. Andrews Day the urn ended up being exhibitedto the assembled brethren. As soon as the contents of the tavern were sold, the urnwas bought by Mrs. Elizabeth Harrington, who thenkept a famous boarding residence on Pearl Street, in abuilding had by the Quincy family. In 1847 thehouse had been razed and changed by the Quincy Block,and Mrs. Harrington eliminated to traditional andfrom here to Chauncey spot. A number of the prominentmen of Boston boarded along with her for many years. Ather death the urn was presented with to the woman child, Mrs.John R. Bradford, and possesses today already been presented tothe community by skip Phebe C. Bradford of Boston,granddaughter of Mrs. Elizabeth Harrington. 88

Text Appearing After Image:
SCHOOU (ZoJ<^^^^) ST ^2 8 ffoJU^h^ Scale, /oo fe&t to cxrx, in^K. CoTTLpil&dL by 0eor^e.Lcurzb, IX. THE HANCOCK TAVERN. As a vintage landmark the Hancock Tavern is failing.There had not been a classic window inside your home ; the nailswere Bridgewater nails, the timbers had been mill-sawed,and leading of it had been of face brick, of notmade in 1800. At the time of the Revolution itwas simply a four-room home household of twelve win-dows, plus the very first permit ever directed at it as an innwas in 1790. The building recently demolished waserected through the years 1807 to 1812. With the above words, Edward W. McGlenen, cityregistrar, effectually settled the question June 3,1903, ata conference of this brand new England Historic GenealogicalSociety, as to the widely credited report that it was inthe Hancock Tavern^ which for quite some time endured onCorn legal, the people in the Boston Tea Partymet, concealed themselves as Indians, and from therejourneyed to Griffins Wharf, where they tossed over-board

Note About Images
Please note these pictures are extracted from scanned page photos which will happen digitally enhanced for readability – coloration and appearance of the pictures may well not completely look like the first work.