A few nice car loans images I found:
Image from page 84 of “The first one hundred years of McKeesport. An historical and statistical description of the city from its inception until its centennial in 1894” (1894)
Image by Internet Archive Book Images
Title: The first one hundred years of McKeesport. An historical and statistical description of the city from its inception until its centennial in 1894
Year: 1894 (1890s)
Authors: Abbott, Walter S., [from old catalog] comp Harrison, William E., [from old catalog] joint author McKeesport. Committee on centennial celebration. [from old catalog]
Publisher: McKeesport, Pa., Press of McKeesport times
Contributing Library: The Library of Congress
Digitizing Sponsor: Sloan Foundation
Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.
Text Appearing Before Image:
ain the same officers were chosen and it is in successfuloperation to-day. • The officers and directors of the above three associations arealso at the head of the Fifth Avenue Savings and Loan Associa-tion, recently organized and chartered. The scope of the latterassociation is much broader than the others, and being perpetual,is expected to develop a strong and safe institution, in somerespects superior to all the others. The McKeesport Building and Loan Association was organ-ized in June, 1887, with J. B. Shale, president, and E. W. Pitts,secretary. These officers are still in control and the associationis successful. It has what is known as a perpetual charter andits capital is one million dollars. The New Enterprise Building and Loan Association wasorganized in October 1887 with Joseph Ecoff president and Geo.D. Bossart secretary Its capital is one million dollars and itscharter is perpetual. The present officers are W. E. Harrison,president and E. H. Leizure, secretary. QJQ>
Text Appearing After Image:
McKcesports Railroads. (D KEESPORTS pioneer railroad was the Pittsl)urgh &Connellsville, which built its track through town in 1857,and passenger cars were put in service, connecting with thePenns3lvania R. R. at Brinton, soon afterwards. Travel betweenhere and Pittsburgh was continued in that manner until 1861,when the Pittsburgh & Connellsville line was completed to Pitts-burgh. To encourage the building of this railway the Boroughof McKeesport subscribed for one hundred thousand dollarsworth of the companys bonds in 1854. Afterwards, the boroughCouncil repudiated the subscription and the bonds were sold.Nobody heard anything about them for years but they finallyfloated to the surface and the holders secured judgments againstthe borough for upwards of one hundred thousand dollars; andthe town was compelled to issue thirt}-ear bonds to paythem oft. The cit in turn assumed the bonds and the oldpart of the city pays taxes to this day on the bonds. Thedebt could have been wipe
Note About Images
Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability – coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.